Students who successfully complete the Medical Office Specialist program have the opportunity to take two additional classes to prepare for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant exam.
- Medical Office Specialist
This class trains the medical students in both direct patient care and front office administration. Skills delivered include triage, wound care, patient intake and charting.
- Medical Billing Specialist
This class trains the medical student to assist doctors and other healthcare professionals in areas of HIPAA, compliance, and insurance fraud and abuse. The healthcare reimbursement system is studied in depth.
Students taking the five Medical Assistant related classes will also train for the following National Healthcareer Association professional certifications.
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist